River Camp Tour
30th Jun. – 30th Sep. Min.2 people
- 1. Camping on the river bank
- 2. River fishing
- 3. Kayaking
A well experienced fishing guide will teach you how to skillfully fish in a mountain stream. We will canoe up the river to reach the area where we will be camping and fishing. You will eat the fish you catch and camp on the bank of the river.
On the 1st day you will check in at PolePole Resort and we will give you a briefing for the following day. After that you can just relax at the resort and rest up for the next day.
On the 2nd day we will start your adventure. We will start by taking canoes from Gasssan Reservoir and head up the river. Once we reach the mountain stream we will walk up the stream a bit and look for a camp site. After that you will fish for your dinner. Your guide will help you with setting up your tent, however, organizing the inside of the tent and rolling out your sleeping bag is your responsibility. Setting up camp is always a fun and rewarding experience.
On the 3rd day we will head further upstream. For lunch we will pick some edible wild plants and eat the fish we have caught.
This tour is suitable for people who are able to walk for 2-3 consecutive hours on flat level ground.
After the tour we will take you to Yamagata Station.
DepartureYamagata station east exit taxi pool
Departure TimePlease arrive by 13:50 PM for a prompt departure at 14:00 PM.
Return TimeApproximately 15:00 PM.
Dress CodeCasual. Comfortable athletic clothing, hiking shoes, hat, light jacket.
IncludeTransportation in YamagataGuideDinnerLunchBreakfastAccomodation
Not IncludedTrain ticketAir ticket
Day 1: Departure
- 14:00 Yamagata station pick up
- 15:00 Arrive at Pole Pole Resort
- 16:00 Enjoy National Park forest
- 18:00 Dinner
- Accommodation : Gassan Pole Pole Resort villa (Western style room)
- Including meals : Dinner
Day 2: Kayaking, fishing, and camping
- 8:00 Breakfast
- 9:00 Start to kayak in the lake
- 12:00 Lunch at lake side
- 13:00 River fishing
- 15:00 Camping side of river
- 17:00 Dinner
- Accommodation : Camping (If weather will be bad, change to Pole Pole Villa)
- Including meals : Breakfast, lunch and dinner
Day 3: Fishing
- 8:00 Wake up and breakfast
- 9:00 Start to trek the river
- 10:00 River fishing
- 12:00 Lunch in river side
- 15:00 Yamagata station arrive
- Including meals : Breakfast and lunch
- 14:00 at Yamagata station West Exit Taxi Pool
Tour Cost:JPY73,000 / person Minimum 2 people
- 1. Day 1 accommodation in Pole Pole Resort Villa
- 2. Day 2 accommodation of camp or Pole Pole Villa
- 3. Day 1 dinner
- 4. Day 2 breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- 5. Day 3 breakfast and lunch
- 6. Ticket of river fishing
- 7. Camping equipment and gear
- 8. English speaking mountain guide
- 9. Transportation from Yamagata station / airport
Price does not include:
- Air ticket and train ticket to Yamagata
- International air fair
- Costs occurred during your free time
- Activities that does not appear on the itinerary
- Personal expenses
- From 60days up until 30days before the day 30,000JYP.
- From 29days up until 20days before the day 60% of the total fee.
- From 19days up until 10days before the day 70% of the total fee.
- From 9days up until 4days before the day 80% of the total fee.
- From 3days up until the day before the day 90% of the total fee.
- On the day 100% of the total fee.